Do you find it unpleasant or difficult to walk with your backpack every day? Or do you experience back or shoulder pain while walking and would you like to walk with less strain for a few days? In these cases, the Camino de Santiago luggage service is an option to consider during your pilgrimage.Using a luggage transport service is a practical choice, ensuring that you can walk comfortably and without unnecessary burden. If the thought of carrying a heavy backpack is deterring you from experiencing the Camino, this service offers the perfect solution. We’re here to guide you through arranging your luggage transport and will answer five important questions to help you make the most of this convenient option.
Camino de Santiago lugagge servive to make it simple
WAW.travel mainly works with Correos and Tuitrans, two organizations that ensure that your luggage is safely transported from the pre-arranged location to the agreed destination. A number of general terms and conditions apply to both organizations:
- If you book an organized trip with us, we will ensure that the luggage transport service is arranged according to your wishes. If you are traveling yourself, make sure you contact Correos or Tuitrans before 8 p.m. the night before to reserve this service. It can often also be arranged at the accommodation.
- The luggage must be ready at the reception of your accommodation before 8:00 am in order to ensure that the transport runs smoothly.
- Make sure that, in addition to the WAW luggage label itself, the label of the supplier who provides your luggage transport is visibly attached to your luggage. You will find this label in your travel document that you receive from us. The label contains your details and the details of your destination. This means you can walk with peace of mind day in and day out without having to worry about your luggage.
- If you unexpectedly reserve Camino de Santiago luggage service and you cannot print the label at your accommodation, write your details on a piece of paper and attach it to your luggage. At Tuitrans they ensure that they attach a label to your luggage on the first day.
- Paq Mochila envelopes are available at almost all accommodations along the way, with which you can fill in your details for your the service via Correos without an (online) reservation and still ensure that your luggage is transported. Make sure you attach the Paq Mochila envelope visibly to your luggage to avoid confusion.
- Completed all steps? Buen Camino! Your luggage will be delivered to your chosen destination before 3:00 PM. Was it not delivered and have we arranged luggage transport for you? Please contact us immediately.
5 important questions about Camino de Santiago luggage service
1. How many kg can my luggage weigh?
Your luggage may weigh a maximum of 15 kg. Please note: this is often less than the permitted amount that you are allowed to take on the plane. It is therefore a good idea to consider in advance whether you may want to use the service that your luggage and adjust the weight of your luggage accordingly. The rules regarding the permitted amount of kg for luggage transport are very strict and you want to avoid that they do not want to take your luggage for that reason. You don’t want to miss clean socks after a long day of walking!
We cannot repeat it often enough, but there is one golden rule when walking the Camino and that is: “Less is more”. You really don’t need much while walking the Camino and 15 kg is more than sufficient. Are you curious about what exactly you need to walk the Camino? Then view our ultimate packing list.
2. What do I take with me in my daypack?
If you choose Camino de Santiago luggage service, you only have to take the essential things with you that you need while walking. It is best to take a daypack with you. A daypack does not have to be larger than 35 liters, anything below is suitable. Below are a number of things that are useful to take with you in your daypack:
- Water bottle (always take enough water with you on the go, especially on hot days)
- Food (regardless of the delicious gastronomy along the way, it is nice to have a number of (emergency) snacks with you if you unexpectedly get hungry)
- Pilgrim’s Credential
- Money (always make sure you have some cash with you)
- Debit card and other important cards
- Raincoat or poncho
- Rain cover
- First aid kit
- Sunscreen, sunglasses, sun hat or cap
- Dry socks
- Pocket knife
Nowadays, many daypacks have a breathable back panel that provides ventilation while walking. This will certainly improve the wearing comfort of your daypack.
3. How far can I have my luggage transported?
The maximum number of km per day is 60 km. So make sure you take this into account if you want to shorten or speed up your route by traveling with alternative transport.
4. How much does Camino de Santiago luggage service cost?
Depending on which organization you choose, luggage transport costs approximately between €5.00 and €10.00 per bag per stage.
5. How do I reserve my Camino de Santiago luggage service?
If you would like to have your luggage transported by Correo, reserve the Paq Mochila by completing the online form. You can enter all the locations of your accommodations in advance so that you no longer have to worry about anything. Haven’t booked everything in advance yet? Then you can easily adjust your booking online at any time. Check the Correo website for current prices. It’s good to know that Correo offers free cancellation until the day before the start of your camino.
Finalizing Your Camino de Santiago lugagge servive
As you near the end of planning your pilgrimage, remember that Tuitrans also offers an online form to streamline your luggage transport. This tool allows you to input your personal details and walking stages for a tailored service. If you need assistance with booking or managing your luggage transport, our team is here to help. We’re dedicated to ensuring that your journey is as smooth and enjoyable as possible, free from the worry of handling your luggage.
Stay Connected with Camino Updates
For those interested in keeping up-to-date with the latest news and developments about the Camino de Santiago, we encourage you to sign up for our monthly newsletter. This resource is brimming with valuable insights, tips, Camino de Santiago lugagge servive and updates that can enhance your pilgrimage experience. Whether you’re a seasoned pilgrim or embarking on this journey for the first time, our newsletter is a fantastic way to stay informed and connected to the Camino community.