Cami de Cavalls in Menorca
The Cami de Cavalls is Menorca coastal old path of 185 km that runs along the entire island of Menorca. It was used in the past by soldiers on horseback to guard the safety of the island. Along this walking in Menorca you pass old watchtowers, lighthouses and trenches. But the best part is the large number of beaches that lie tight on the walking route. Small and beautiful bays where you can relax in peace during your walk for enjoying your best walking holidays in Menorca
At the website of Fundació Foment del Turisme de Menorca you can get all the information of the island and there is also a government website in which you can see all kind of information and stages about the Cami de Cavalls de Menorca.
But why should you walk this Camino in Cami de Cavalls in Menorca? We give you five reasons.
- A circular walk with different faces. If you want to walk all the way around the island of Menorca, you need about 20 stages for that. From approximately 15 – 25 kilometers per day. In these 20 stages you see an island with different faces. From the white beaches with clear blue water in the south, to the deserted areas in the North. You pass authentic villages, attractive towns, green forests, sandy paths and sometimes you even walk on the beach. A camino full of variety! You can download a map HERE with all the stages.
- Cami de Cavalls in Menorca is well signed. You don’t have to be afraid of getting lost. The entire walking route is well signed. It is a GR route. You find a wooden sign with a red and white indication every few meters. So as long as you follow these signs, you know you’re on the right path. And also often the kilometers to the end point are also indicated.
- It is a undiscovered camino. Cami de Cavalls in Menorca is one of the oldest walking routes in Menorca but it was in 2010 when this path was signed a hiking trail. During these years the number of walkers has increased but you can enjoy it in tranquility most of the year.
- Time to disconnect. You do not have a good connection to the network everywhere on the island. Of course in the villages, cities and your accommodations. But on the way it can happen that you don’t have a connection for a while. And to be honest: that is sometimes very nice! You have the opportunity to disconnect and be completely with yourself.
- Menorca is a safe island. Unlike the busy Mallorca and party island of Ibiza, for example, Menorca is a very quiet and safe island. The Menorcans are super friendly and nice people. So even if you walk alone, you don’t have to be afraid.
And? Are you already excited? Do you want to know more about Cami de Cavalls in Menorca? Click here for more information.